Georgios, Traducteur professionnel Grec
"Εnglish to Greek translator for 7 years, holding CIoL's Diploma in Translation and MA in Translation (Cardiff University, Wales). Expertise: website/software/games localization (one of the top Video game translators in the market), marketing, European Union law, science, literature."
Langues que je traduis
Traduction Électronique / Ingénierie électrique
Traduction Jeux / Jeux-vidéo / Casino
Traduction Affaires / Commerce
Traduction Technologie des communications
Traduction Internet / Commerce électronique
Traduction Documents légaux / Contrats
Traduction Traductions littéraires
Traduction Marketing / Matériel publicitaire / Relations publiques
Traduction Médias / Journalisme / Publications
Traduction Médecine / Pharmacie
Traduction Sciences sociales
Traduction Sports / Matériel sportif
Traduction Voyages / Tourisme
Expert English - Greek Translation Services
Specialist in the translation of texts requiring expressive & technological proficiency:
- Localization & Quality Assurance (computer hardware user guides, social media, mobile Apps, electronics technical manuals, computer software, websites, video games, Steam/GOG/App store descriptions) — Over 4 million words
- Marketing material (ads, e-commerce, commercials, brochures) — Over 2.5 million words
- Literature (science fiction, detecive stories, thrillers, fantasy novels, myths) — Over 1.5 million words
Highly competent in the translation of texts dependent on legal, scientific & academic proficiency:
- Legal and International Dev texts (EU law and policies, contracts, inheritence law, EULAs, patents)
- Medical equipment documentation & patents, pharmaceutical compliance, white papers & SoP, disease occurrence and drug product questionnaires
- Humanities/Social Sciences (psychology, history, cultural studies)
- Natural sciences (ecology, agriculture, water, sustainable development)
Proficient in the use of the following tools:
CAT/localization tools: SDL Studio Trados 2011, MemoQ 2014 & 2015, Deja V X, Wordfast, Microsoft LEAF/Fabric, Microsoft Localization Studio
Bug trackers: Mantis, Jira, Bugzilla
...and various other propriety online localization and survey platforms, such as Crowdin, XTM SurveyMonkey etc.
Education & training:
* Holder of the Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists, London.
* Studied Translation at the post-graduate level in Cardiff University's department of European Studies. Exceptional independent researcher, trained in the use of CAT-tools and focusing on expressive and technical translations.
* 2 years of technical courses in the Technological Education Institute of Piraeus and professional experience in various positions in the service and sales sector.
My passion for computers and video games began before I could write, and now I am a power user of both desktop and mobile devices, in close contact with online communities and familiar with a wide range of software. I also try to be conscious about global issues such as environmentalism and social justice, which often require thorough research to fully comprehend.
I perceive translation quality and catering to the client's needs as matters of personal integrity, and this is how I approach every assigned translation task. Feel free to contact me for my CV/résumé, any clarifications or questions on the ways that I can help you.
Thank you for reading,