Jane, Professional translator English
St Leonards-on-Sea, United Kingdom
"A qualified translator, with 20 years’ experience, I translate into my native English from Spanish, Catalan, French and Italian. My specialities are: Education, Tourism, Marketing, Food & Nutrition, Environment, Social Science, Agriculture and Horticulture."
Spanish (Spain) English
Spanish (Latin America) English
Translation Corporate Social Responsibility
Translation Cosmetics / Beauty
Translation Energy / Power generation / Oil & Gas
Translation General Business / Commerce
Translation History / Archaeology
Translation Marketing & Advertising material / Public Relations
Translation Media / Journalism / Publishing
Translation Private Correspondence, Letters
Translation Social Science
Translation Travel & Tourism
Twenty years of translation experience
Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists, London
I’ve always loved languages – they’re about culture, diversity and communication of course, and effective communication is a vital part of our lives on every level. Much of my professional life has been focuses on facilitating communication in different ways – as a language teacher, and as a translator.
The areas I specialise in as a translator are:
- Travel & tourism: I’ve worked in the language travel industry for many years in academic and managerial roles, as well as having lived in different countries and travelled all over the world.
- Education: I’m a fully qualified teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages, and have extensive teaching experience
- Social Science: I have a degree in Sociology
- Environment: I have a diploma in Environment & Third World Development
- Agriculture & Horticulture: I have worked in recruitment for the sector
- Marketing: I’ve done a lot of translation work on marketing materials/ presentations
- Food & Wine: I love food – cooking it, reading about it, eating it. Drinking it in the case of wine.
- Art: I’m an art lover
- Casinos & gaming: I worked in the casino industry for several years.